Monday 3 August 2015

Triangle stamp


I borrowed a book from the library - 2000 Pattern Combinations by Jane Callendar - that looks at the way to build up pattern from blocks. I was inspired to cut some stamps and have a little play. So inspired that I have put it on my birthday list :)

The book looks in depth at how shapes fit together, how to piece them with rotation, drops, mirror images, and combinations. With a little simple geometry, it also shows how to turn your motif into a border and turn corners with it. There is an investigation of colour and tone, size of motif, and simplifying elements to use as joins. Lots of fun things to investigate...



1 comment:

  1. OMG, Tracy! These are fabulous...I must look for that book. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.