Friday 27 December 2013

New furniture

Two days before Christmas the shelves collapsed in my art room. There was a creaking and suddenly I was holding up the shelving unit and calling out, 'A bit of help here!' to my family. They rushed to my rescue and helped to push the unit back upright, but there was no way it was going to stay that way. So started the rapid removal of books and art materials until the shelves stayed almost upright while my husband rushed off to Ikea to buy new shelves. We've gradually been replacing our shelving as it is going on for twenty years old and has been moved around a lot, taken apart and put back together in varying combinations, and basically is nearing the end of its useful life.

Now I found myself surrounded by all the giveaway bags for the Christmas Eve service, books, and crates of materials. There wasn't much room to move. But soon the new shelves arrived, were put together, and filled again. A little rearranging in the cupboards and everything is cleared away now.

So I have gone from this:

To this:

Hope you had a great Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. All looks nice and tidy Tracy.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yipes!!! The new storage/shelf looks fabulous!! But, YIPES!! I wonder if it will take a giant collapse for me to get my space cleaned up??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the shelves I built, it is a joy and privilege to make sure tracy has what she needs to be the successful creative woman she is meant to be. I work to make this happen each day and i feel less when I don't. She is a fuel to my life she cause me to desire to be more than I am and thank you all who have visited and encouraged her in the blog. Thank You All

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad nothing worse happened! The new shelves look very good and solid.
    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Wishing ou all the best for the following year, health, fulfillment and creativity. God bless you, Tracy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.