Friday 20 September 2013

Direction


This page started out with a gelli-print. Then I added some stencilling, trying out the new stencils that I cut last week. The circles are done with water-soluble graphite. A couple of strips of washi tape and then it sat on my desk for a couple of days.

I looked at the chevrons and they were saying 'direction' to me. Which direction?

I started to think about how people decide which direction to go in. Do you ask for advice when you need to make a decision? Who do you ask? Or do you wait to have a destination in mind before you start moving?

I'm all for moving first and being open to course-correction along the way. I start to head out and pray as I go. The first step is the hardest; once you've overcome the inertia the rest just flows. It is easier to change the direction of a ship if it is already moving than trying to haul the prow around to face the right way before moving. So step out!



And here are a couple of close-ups because I love the many layers showing through and the great textures they make.

Have a fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. The texture from gelli prints makes such a good base for just about anything. Love your bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic ideas on this page and a great background.

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.