Sunday 19 August 2012

The valley of the shadow of death


How do you feel when the walls are closing in?

       ...when everything has gone dark?

       ...when the pressure is on?

       ...when in danger?

Your 'valley of the shadow of death' might not be life-threatening, but it still produces stress, fear, and worry. How comforting to know that we do not have to go through it alone. A few lines on in this psalm we will find that 'You are with me.'

Difficult things are always easier to face if there is someone with you. I feel so blessed to know that whatever I am facing, not only do I have my husband and daughter with me, but God is with me, holding my hand and taking away the fear. And when the fear persists, giving me the courage to do it anyway.

Thank You, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.