Friday 4 May 2012

When it all gets too much...



Do you ever have days where everything seems to get on top of you? Things just build up until the smallest thing can seem like the last straw? I had a day like that. The last straw for me was when a cyclist mounted the pavement and nearly knocked me over while I was waiting for the lights to change at a pedestrian crossing. I just wanted to burst into tears.

This is the page that resulted as I worked out my frustrations later that day. The background was already done. I added the clouds, tortoise, and wording.

The tortoise seemed to be the best symbol - I just wanted to stop, pull in my head, and wait for everything to go away. What I do in reality is withdraw from the world around me and pray. Then I feel strengthened to return to deal with the black clouds. And they don't feel half so oppressive as they did before.

What do you do when it all gets too much?

1 comment:

  1. I feel like that today.... totally over everything. Just want to crawl into bed and hide under the sheets.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.