Thursday 24 May 2012

Listen!


I found the postcard with the little girl holding on to her mother's ears and saying, 'Listen,' in my box of miscellaneous things. I thought it was great. It made me think about those times when someone has to really fight for your attention because you are lost in something else.

When a baby cries, a mother is tuned in to hear it. My husband tells me that there was one night when foxes were yowling and screeching outside our bedroom window. They had woken him, but I slept through the racket. However, our daughter called out quietly and I was immediately awake.

Does God have to sit you down, grab hold of your ears, and make you listen? Or are you tuned in to His every whisper?

What are you tuned in to?

What gains your attention in the hubbub of life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.