Thursday 30 November 2017

Worry weeds


Worries grow like weeds. Pluck them out early before they take over.

Just as the weeds spring up after a shower of rain, worries pop into our minds when given a little sustenance. But they can swiftly take over. (Why is it that weeds seem to grow more quickly than the things we actually plant in the garden? And why don't the slugs and snails eat them instead of the veggies I'm trying to grow?)

I find the easiest way to deal with worry - as with weeds - is to pluck it out swiftly. I have plenty of things that I could worry about, that I could mull over and allow to take up all my time, but it isn't productive. So I ''cast all my anxieties on Him because He cares for me." Just voicing my worries can put things into perspective.

How do you  get off the hamster wheel of worry?






1 comment:

  1. This is so visually exciting, Tracy - love all the colour and element of growth as you weed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.