Wednesday 14 June 2017

Unravelling


If it's not knitting up correctly, you have to unravel it and start again. 

Just as with knitting, so there are some things in life that you have to backtrack on. It's annoying to have to unpick the work you've just done, to discard the effort you've put in and start again. But in the end, you do a better job by going back to the beginning and doing it right. 

The effort is not wasted. You have learned how not to do something, which is just as important. 







2 comments:

  1. Well, this piece certainly "knit up" well! great composition and I'm loving the color. My mother has always said that any sweater she knit, she knit 3 times. That's a lot of ripping out, but the results were so beautiful. I'm a bit ashamed to admit that sometimes I have known myself to pretend I didn't notice an error and move on. Mom would definitely have ripped out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this page, Tracy...the colour is outstanding and your thoughtful addition to the page is, as always, on point. The 'white space' is just awesome, too...love the way it adds to the contemplative feel of the quote.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.