Friday 12 May 2017

Moving out of the art journal...


It's always an adventure to move out of the art journal and on to canvas. How will my favourite techniques work? Can I bring something to life that people will want to put on a wall? Or should my art just stay in a book?

This canvas had been hanging around for ages. First I did all the rectangle bits. It was all right, but needed something more. I was happy with the colours, but there was something missing. So I wrote on it.

And hated it.

I covered up the writing and added some circles, because who doesn't like circles? But there was still something missing, so it stood against the wall for months.

Then a couple of days ago I dragged it out, turning it this way and that, trying to work out what it needed. By turning it 90 degrees I found a space that just called out for a face.

Now it felt better.

I may add some words - just subtle ones - or I may not. Who can tell?


Joining in the fun at Paint Party Friday.






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That background is stunning. Don't you love it when you can drag something out and bring it to a conclusion? Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the face that has emerged from this wonderful canvas! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Those rectangular bits are a great detail, and you certainly made something that people would want to put on their wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and a very pensive expression!! I could relate. As of late I have been covering up old canvases. I could so relate to this post! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love this piece of art. The face is excellent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.