Monday 8 August 2016

Strength with gentleness



I got part way with this background and was loving the pastel shades. The softness of the colours made me think about kindness and gentleness.

I have encountered several women who are strong women. And there's nothing wrong with that. We need strong women. But that strength wasn't tempered with gentleness. There was a stridency to their voices, a pushiness to their manner, a lack of empathy in their words and actions.

Gentleness and strength are not polar opposites. The two can - and should - go together. Strength can damage if it isn't wielded with gentleness. It can overwhelm those whom it should be used to protect and comfort.

Be strong.

But also be gentle.



1 comment:

  1. Oh so true! I feel I am strong but gentle. Not sure that was always the case...but I wasn't as brash as some. There are so many tender souls to be damaged by an unwitting blunt strength! Gorgeous art accompanied by perfect words!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.