Wednesday 25 May 2016

There's nothing wrong with slow


Ironically, this page about 'slow' was a quick one to do. The background is made using gelli-printed labels which quickly cover the page in an altered book.

It seems that a lot of the time we are in a hurry to get things done. Fast food, quick fixes, instant communication, hurry, hurry, hurry.

But I think 'slow' has been underrated.

I know that I am very blessed to be able to live a slow life. I make things by hand from scratch. I take time to stop and look at things that I find interesting when I'm out for a walk, because I am rarely in a hurry.

One of the best things about taking things slowly is that there is time to listen. Really listen to what is being said - and not said. When people feel that they have been heard, they feel valued. My time is one of the best things I can give to someone, as long as it isn't rushed.

Slow down. Be generous with your time, and see the benefits you reap.

2 comments:

  1. Great message. Since my retirement I go everywhere on foot or by bike, take photos along the way, and take things slowly, and have seen so many things I ever before noticed. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this spread, and living the slow life is the one for me. Walk, play, visit, smile - slowly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.