Monday 15 June 2015

Embracing the quiet times


Life can be so busy. Nowadays, if we're not busy we can start to feel guilty - as if we should be doing something. We have lots of leisure time but fill it up with activity. 

I've had a busy week, but there have been pockets of quiet - such as ten minutes waiting for our daughter to come out of the zoo - when I've savoured the chance to breathe deep and slow down. I just sat with my pocket journal and sketched a quick face and made a note of my thoughts. It took two minutes, and then I spent the rest of the time watching those around me and just enjoying being outdoors. Just breathing in the fresh air and being still. 

When I got home, I transferred the idea from my pocket journal to this page as a reminder to enjoy times of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.