Monday 20 April 2015

Drawing practice


Sometimes you have to force yourself out of a rut - use a different medium, or a different subject, or different colours. I had fun doing some quick non-dominant hand faces.


I used Copic markers because they are thick so you can't worry about detail. Using my left hand means I don't expect proportions or lines to be accurate. In other words, I don't expect so much of myself this way, so I'm more relaxed about what I produce.


I think they have a more sketchy quality than my 'normal' drawings, and I feel better able to capture something quickly with simple strokes. For some reason I find that hard when I use my right hand.


What do you do to kick yourself out of a rut?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.