Thursday 4 December 2014

Watching


These last couple of weeks have been very busy for me with preparations for Christmas services and a workshop, so it was fun to just pull out the journal and play. I was having fun with doodling on this page, circles and stripes, but then I felt it needed eyes.

Once the eyes were there, I found that I didn't want to add the rest of the face. Then I had some lyrics start going in my head 'private eyes, they're watching you'. That sent my train of thought to being watched all the time, even if we're not aware of it. I don't mean in a creepy way, but that our children watch our behaviour and imitate it. They are much more likely to do what they see us doing rather than what we tell them, especially if the two don't tally.

It is so important to be consistent. If our private life doesn't match our public life, if there isn't transparency and consistency, then how can we be trusted?


3 comments:

  1. Tracy, that is a fabulous spread, and I really liked your thought behind it. You are totally right, I remember my grandmother used to say to my father you can't preach about one thing and do the opposite. Actually it turned out she was right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that song Tracy :) it is true that what we do needs to match what we say. However what we think ... Well that is the last realm of privacy left lol. Love the purples and blues. Keep up the great art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this post - you're right that our children, family, friends are watching all the time. Our actions, not our words, are what we model. Thanks for the reminder, Tracy. And the page is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.