Wednesday 31 December 2014

Logos365


I know there are a lot of you out there who are picking a word for the year. Last year mine was 'stretch' and the year before, 'dream'.

I have pondered this for a while now, and this coming year I feel my word should be flourish - grow or develop in a healthy or vigorous way; a bold or extravagant gesture or action; living in an optimal range of human functioning. Synonyms: thrive, prosper, blossom, bear fruit.

I have struggled with this word, pushed it to one side, thinking there must be something else, but it keeps coming back. Somehow it feels too positive, too much like having fun and not working at something. But then I think about how hard it is for me to put myself forward and the 'bold or extravagant gesture or action' definition starts to come into its own. Perhaps flourishing, for me in 2015, will be more about taking those bold actions.



1 comment:

  1. A lovely word for your journey Tracy- I believe it is a great choice- and you will honor that word wonderfully!
    Love your page spread as well as your post- Best wishes in the coming New Year to you,my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.