Friday 21 November 2014

Tethers


Just playing around in a new journal today. A bit of stencilling, some washi tape, a bit of paint, water-soluble graphite, acrylic paint, and a piece of gelli-printed greaseproof paper.


When I looked at everything, the word tether kept coming into my mind. I couldn't get away from it. I think it was the circle at the top right being tethered to the top and bottom of the page. It's stuck there on the page with no chance to move up or down. It made me think about all the things that stop me from doing things. I guess fear is the biggest one. Then there is lack of self-confidence and not having faith in my gifts.


Then there are unresolved feelings. They can tether us between two places, neither able to leave the one behind nor move forward to another. This is OK for a while, as you work things through, but you can't stay there forever.


Every now and again it is good to ask if there is anything holding us in place; anything stopping us from moving forward. It is good to cut the tethers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.