Friday 28 February 2014

29 Faces - crossing the finish line!


Face #28 is a renaissance woman.


And for the final one, some bright colours based on Matisse's portrait of Mrs. Matisse. 

I have to say that this challenge has been fun and… challenging :) I feel like I've learned a lot about light and shadow on faces, but also that there are many ways to draw a face. I've enjoyed looking at all the wonderful art and drawing inspiration from the many artists who've joined in this challenge and left encouraging comments. I will definitely keep experimenting. 

And away from faces, I managed to track down some carvable rubber so bought a 30x30cm piece. Here are my first few stamps:





And a background made with the circle one:


9 comments:

  1. congratulations Tracy on completing the challenge, love the two latest faces. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scrolled the whole february now.. and I can tell you that all the stuff and faces here are just AMAZING.. like your yummie prints and DIY stamps and the faces are all so expressive...

    fantastic...

    We missed you at Art Journal Journey Tracy... but I can see what busy month you had ...lol...
    hope to see you for the next theme there--
    starts tomorrow

    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the challenge Tracy!! You have such a wonderful collection to look back on and can be very proud. Love the carved stamps-I haven't done that since last year sometime . Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Tracy in finishing the challenge! Two very different faces , I like the Matisse and then again the renaissance gal is lovely as well, so both : )
    I think those stamps are perfect for creative adventures, imagine the possibilities, especially like the dandelion /star stamp.

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the completeing challenge! I'm far behind on visiting everyone in it, but the variety of styles and faces you have drawn are amazing! Those stamps look like fun!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Sorry about the spelling mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the faces - congrats on finishing that challenge! Your stamps are great - I have all the "stuff" to carve but haven't gotten to it yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love can I say it again LOVE your stamps! I didn't know about this challenge... is it going to be an every February thing? I would love to work on creating faces. I tend to think "I can't do this!" so I stop before I start. This seems (and YOU seem!) very encouraging.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Thanks for participating in the 29 faces challenge! I hope you join again in September.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.