Monday 9 September 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #16


The last prompt in this section about seeking solitude and finding sanctuary is making personal space. 

How do you make time for yourself and your thoughts?

As will have become apparent, I am very protective of my personal space. I have to make time for myself every day. How do I do that? By being deliberate. I say no to all the things that are not going to help me towards my goals. I say yes to the things that will help me to grow. And every morning I closet myself in my room for at least half an hour to read the Bible, pray, and journal what I learn.

I know that I need time to process things. I don't think well on my feet - I'm the one who thinks of the witty retort 24 hours after the event. Taking time to reflect each morning helps me to keep things in perspective.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I agree totally. 'Know Thyself'.... and it begins with knowing who you belong to! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.