Monday 12 August 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #12




I've not really loved this chapter in Journal Fodder 365. I suppose I've found a lot of the prompts didn't necessarily speak to me on the deeper level that the previous chapters did. Or perhaps it's that I've been a little busier this past month. Who knows. 

Anyway, this prompt was embracing imperfection. Most of the questions were to do with control and letting go of control to embrace imperfections. I think I was a little sidetracked by the control issue rather than the imperfection. I was thinking about how I'm a contained person. I like to be in control of myself. I think a lot of it comes from having been bullied at school. Letting go and possibly making a fool of myself is something I find difficult. I've been laughed at just for being me - how much more so if I actually did something stupid? So I'm fairly controlled. 

On the other hand, in art I can be free and try new things and not be in control of the outcome. That's fun and if I don't like the result, well, it's only paint and paper. 

So how about you? Do you embrace imperfection?

2 comments:

  1. I like the Journal Fodder book, however my most favorite and the one that has me really exploring myself at the level that I have been desiring is Inner Excavation...Amazon has it at a decent price...it is just awesome on many levels. I have spent about a month just in Chapter One. Here is the link to the author:
    http://www.lizlamoreux.com/inner-excavation/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.