Monday 24 June 2013

Journal Fodder 365 - Prompt #5


This week's prompt was 'Random Words'. The idea was to pick a word at random from a dictionary (or any book, really) and then journal it. 

As you can see, my word was scarab. It seemed to go well with the splotched background that happened to be on the next page of my Journal Fodder journal. I enjoyed using a little gold foil to bring out the shininess that beetles sometimes have. 

The different colours within the title were completely by accident. I was using an acrylic ink and the way it reacted with the paper made the different shades. At first it was an 'oops' but in the end I liked the effect. 

The scarab beetle is a type of dung beetle. And  yet it was also used in jewellery by the Egyptians. Some species are particularly beautiful with incredibly shiny carapaces. 

Sometimes being forced to use a random word can make you think differently about how you put pages together. Give it a try!




2 comments:

  1. Tracy your scarab looks brilliant! I like the loose background, that fit fantastically to it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I forgot: I spend and "s" for the word "fit". ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.