Wednesday 13 February 2013

WOYWW and K is for Kindness

First up, WOYWW. Here is one desk in all its messy glory :) There are materials at the back, journal page work for An A to Z of Me challenge on the left of the photo, and my daughter's page in progress at the bottom right. In the middle is a Chinese newspaper to be used for some background texture at a later date. 


And here are some close-ups:

journal page in progress - see the photo below for the finished page

Postcards received in the Artists in Blogland postcard swap. One more to come



And the journal page for K is for kindness. I love the quote for this - kindness truly is a universal language. I am trying to grow in it. 

As for being kind to myself, well, I think I manage it most of the time. Occasionally I'm hard on myself and have to learn to be realistic in my expectations. I guess that's coming with age :)




14 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, those journal pages are - G for gorgeous!! Have a good day. helen, 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your page about Kindness, so True x :0)
    Happy WOYWW Heather # 62

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what an exciting and busy desk you have for us this week I am loving all the things you have on the go
    Happy WOYWW I hope you have a great day
    Ria #47

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work going on, love your pages. Enjoy your week, take care Zo xx 93

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the colourful mess on your desk, your art journal page is wonderful! Love from Holland, Marit #89

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great desk. Love your journal.
    I love your coloured Ikea drawers, what did you use to colour them?
    Happy WOYWW
    Alison #76

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison. I just used some plain old emulsion left over from painting some of our walls :)

      Delete
  7. Gosh look at all that lovely colour. Lov eyour choice of quote for K..so true. The chinese newspaper is a great idea...I woul dhave to have a real plan or it would float around unused and end up in the recycling for the want of being put away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colours and your sentiment is lovely. Another Aussie, cool. Have joined your blog...Live in Newcastle NSW.xx luv aNNIe

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW all sorts of bright awesome things to see on your desk today. Love all the journal pages! Have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been trying to finish a media mix media page. Love your journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tracey, Love your kindness page and thanks so much for visiting and commenting on my blog.

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful sentiment - Kindness - and a beautiful bright sunny page to put it on. Lovin the orange and yellow. I also really like your black and white postcard - very interesting. April #119

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love messy desks, there is so much crafting going on
    Bridget #146

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.