Thursday 22 March 2012

Easter banners

Just designing the banners for Easter. I like to do banners that are seasonal and temporary. Paper is great for that. If you make banners on paper people don't feel the need to hold on to them and take them out every year like they seem to with fabric ones. They are disposable, so you can have the fun of making new ones regularly.

This year I am looking at Holy Week for inspiration. Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday. I've picked out symbols for each and come up with a single word to encapsulate what was happening. Here is my sketchbook page with the final designs:


I decided to use the cross motif in each and then add something relevant to the word chosen for the day (sovereign, servant, sacrifice, and saviour)

Now I just need to get working on them...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.