Friday 20 January 2012

Who I want to be

What a thought-provoking prompt!

Who do I want to be that I am not already? What constitutes success for me?

If I took the world's view of success, I would be classed as a bit of a failure - stay-at-home mum, only ever worked part-time unless I was covering holidays, not famous or rich.

But I don't measure myself up against that. I want to be successful in God's eyes, which is a whole different ball-game. I am a faithful wife and mother, home-schoolling our daughter, serving as best I can in the church, struggling against my inner critic, battling every day against selfishness.

But the best thing is that I know that God isn't finished with me yet. I am a work in progress. If I place myself in His hands, He will mould me into everything He made me to be in the first place.

So, who do I want to be?

The best me I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.