Saturday 21 January 2012

Someone else's words

This  prompt had me running to my miscellany book where I keep odd bits and pieces that I find interesting. Hence there are quotes, recipes, interesting fonts etc.

My eye was caught by this quote from Maya Angelou:

    You can't use up creativity. The more you use it, the more you have.

How true!

It also made me think about people who wait for the muse to strike before going to the studio to create. How much they are missing out on! This challenge to produce a new page each day during January has made me work even when I might not feel up to it. And the more I have created, the more I have enjoyed it and developed better skills. You only get better at something by practicing. So I would encourage you to create even when you are not inspired. After all, as Picasso said:
Inspiration exists but it has to find you working.

It is the same with reading the Bible. If we only read it when we feel like it, let's face it, it wouldn't happen very often. But if we make a point of sitting every day and reading just a few verses, the benefits are huge.

So set yourself a challenge, even if it is only for a week, and see how much you learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.