Sunday 15 January 2012

In the style of...

I have mentioned before that I occasionally do pages in the style of other artists to help me to broaden what I do, break out of a rut, or force myself to think and approach things in a different way. Today's page is in the style of Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I watched a couple of her fast forward journalling clips and liked her style. So here is my version:




I liked the idea of a smaller focus on the page placed in a frame. I was particularly pleased with how the frame turned out.

The idea of home is a powerful one. I have moved about a fair bit since I left my childhood home, and am now about as far from where I was born as I can be. But for me home is wherever my immediate family is. Home is about being with the ones you love and who love you. Home is a place in the heart, a feeling, a comfortable place. My earthly 'home' is a pale imitation of my heavenly home - the ultimate place of rest, security, and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by. I read and appreciate all your comments.